September 10, 2007

proof

Filed under: book stuff — petiteanglaise @ 11:51 am

The proof copy came in the post today… A paperback version of the manuscript, which is not quite the final version as it was printed prior to the copy edits. On the back there is all sorts of marketing blurb. But it almost looks like the real thing…

1. you do realise that is a pre-order and won’t be filled until Feb 08, right?

Comment by petite — September 10, 2007 @ 12:02 pm

2. So happy to see this picture. I guess it also begins to feel like the real thing is coming out. Just wait until the release and no doubt you will have a lot of press and net coverage. just enjoy your last months of peace and serenity with Tadpole before the big rush.

Comment by sb — September 10, 2007 @ 12:24 pm

3. Oooh well done!
    When do you start on the next one? ;-)

Comment by Stratford Girl — September 10, 2007 @ 12:35 pm

4. Wow! What a beautiful sight.

Comment by pierre l — September 10, 2007 @ 12:38 pm

5. Even if there’s a way to go yet, that’s still pretty cool!! :-) Yay!!

Comment by rhino75 — September 10, 2007 @ 12:44 pm

6. WOOT!

I’m excited, so G*d only knows how you must feel.

Congratulations.

Comment by It's Just Me — September 10, 2007 @ 12:47 pm

7. Your publishers should put that photo of you on the cover if they really want to be sure of making it a bestseller.

Comment by Parkin Pig — September 10, 2007 @ 12:51 pm

8. Looks meaty! Will we be able to order signed copies from the site, or will we have to venture up to the capital for a signing event?

Comment by Amanda — September 10, 2007 @ 1:05 pm

9. Now that is way cool!

(The book, that is, not the pupils.)

Congratulations!

Comment by Damian — September 10, 2007 @ 1:19 pm

10. You’ll tell us anything!

The dilated pupils must be because the book is so hot, or could it be that holding your own book has turned you on in some un-expected way? Or was the optician hot?

PS. Have you signed any copies yet?

Comment by Steve... — September 10, 2007 @ 1:30 pm

11. big fat congratulations, petite!

Comment by suzanne — September 10, 2007 @ 1:32 pm

12. Yeah, but pre-order statistics say a lot about a title’s success when the day of publication dawns.

Discovered another book with a Franco-twee cover design, called “Pardon My French”. Supposed to be a fun read.

Comment by Macthomson — September 10, 2007 @ 1:39 pm

13. wow it looks like a hell of a lot of pages! you must have worked very hard on it. congratulations and i hope it’ll sell well :)

Comment by kermit — September 10, 2007 @ 1:53 pm

14. congratulations !

Comment by katioschka — September 10, 2007 @ 1:53 pm

15. Looks good. Also a nice tan. When do we hear more about the holiday?

Comment by Jeremy — September 10, 2007 @ 1:56 pm

16. It looks so great. :-)

Comment by Anna — September 10, 2007 @ 1:56 pm

17. How subtle: “…recieving the proof copy…”!

Comment by Pete — September 10, 2007 @ 2:30 pm

18. you have fabulous hair!

Comment by Susie — September 10, 2007 @ 2:55 pm

19. I try normally to refrain from booty-kissing. I dislike it when people say to me,,,”You are truly pretty (if only not so fat!)” and whatever. But I will break tradition here today, that is my favorite photo of you ever, and you could be 18 in that shot. That is my truthful honest opinion and not trying to be flattering. I am excited about your book as well. I almost started drooling as I saw you holding it. I couldn’t be happier for anyone achieving their dreams. I think you are a wonderful woman.

Comment by beaunejewels — September 10, 2007 @ 3:00 pm

20. Love the photo and love what I can see of the book cover. Can’t wait to gush about how much I love what’s inside.

Congratulations!

Comment by sognatrice — September 10, 2007 @ 3:01 pm

21. Congratulations! Whatever my views on the cover (which won’t stop me from buying a copy I should add), it’s still wonderful to have watched the long journey you’ve taken from the start of this blog to the publication of your first book. You must be chuffed to bits, as most of your readers are for you. Oh, and I agree with Parkin Pig.

Comment by Nikki — September 10, 2007 @ 3:10 pm

22. There will of course be a picture of me on the inside cover flap thingy (I believe that is the technical term).

Comment by petite — September 10, 2007 @ 3:46 pm

23. Can’t wait to read it, love the cover

Congratulations!

Comment by Alix — September 10, 2007 @ 4:23 pm

24. I am so excited for you, I can only imagine the excitement you felt when you got the copy in your hands. It’s makes it so real!! I am probably going to echo what everyone else says but a big congratulations to you and remember to enjoy it.

Comment by sugar007 — September 10, 2007 @ 5:09 pm

25. How are you going to stand it until February? I’ve got my own book coming out in self-published paperback in a few weeks and I’m giddy just with THAT (it started as an e-book in 2006 so seeing it as a REAL book — despite the fact that I paid to make that happen — is pretty exciting stuff!)

Comment by The Bold Soul — September 10, 2007 @ 5:36 pm

26. Cooooool!

Comment by Clare — September 10, 2007 @ 6:21 pm

27. Congrats! I’ll be sure to add it to my Amazon queue once it’s out.

Comment by ambika — September 10, 2007 @ 9:09 pm

28. Ahh the heft and feel of a new book. People think it strange that I plunk my nose into a new book just to smell it. It’s like no other smell in the world. And knowing that the book is yours, that you wrote it makes all the pain you went thru to write it worth the while. Congrats Catherine.

And a big hug to you from me
    Beau

Comment by Beau — September 10, 2007 @ 9:40 pm

29. Well done! Looks fantastic!

Comment by Rachel North — September 10, 2007 @ 10:10 pm

30. Then that photo of you inside the cover will compensate for the “twee” aspect. Looking forward to seeing the whole package. God, Santorini looks fabulous! It sounds like your autumn is off to a good start.

Comment by Alethea — September 11, 2007 @ 10:40 am

31. I have been discretly reading you blog from London since the beginning… It is going to be so weird to pass by Waterstone and see ‘Petite Anglaise’ on display. .. I am looking forward to It!
    Well Done et toutes mes félicitations.
    Kaa.

Comment by Kaa — September 11, 2007 @ 1:28 pm

32. Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

Petite Francaise in London

Comment by Lolly — September 11, 2007 @ 2:37 pm

33. Congrats. Between you and Zoe getting published, a regular blogger library is going to be needed…….

Comment by Dave of the Lake — September 11, 2007 @ 4:30 pm

34. Those are some enormous pupils…but I told my blogger friend that I think you look great with enlarged pupils. (Because they make your eyes look brown.) :0l

I’m just sayin’…

Comment by Mlle Smith in France — September 11, 2007 @ 6:42 pm

35. I have warned you about your eyes – every time someone comments they poke you in the eye…….. don’t be so popular!

Comment by Daddy P — September 11, 2007 @ 8:33 pm

36. Excellent!!

Comment by Sally Lomax — September 11, 2007 @ 11:37 pm

37. Will the book be available later on Amazon in the U.S.?

Comment by Veerle — September 12, 2007 @ 1:39 am

38. Petite said, “Disclaimer: the enlarged state of my pupils is not solely due to the excitement of receiving the proof copy, I also visited the optician this morning for an eye exam.”

Hmmmm, are you sure you hadn’t been at the catnip?

Comment by bonkers — September 12, 2007 @ 7:41 am

39. Why do I smile and feel happy for you every time I see this picture? I don’t care whether that pupils are dilated or not, but the part of the face we see looks ever so pleased.

Comment by pierre l — September 12, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

40. I just want to put in here, that I absolutely adore the cover of your book. There are quite a few “clues” to you, (or the book heroine). For those that do not know you from here, who spy the book in a store, well I think it would attract them to the “story”. If any others who comment here think I have classically awful taste, please don’t tell me? I’d rather remain blissfully ignorant and in love with the book cover. Thanks ahead of time!

Comment by beaunejewels — September 14, 2007 @ 5:50 am

41. wow…its your husbands fault!! He’s posted a link on the combi-camp owners group re your trailer tent and being nosey…well, what’s a girl to do?? Just peeped at Amazon and roll on feb!! I agree – could be catnip….

Comment by marymary — September 14, 2007 @ 9:21 am

42. Maybe it’s not only the pupils, but a great first-date turn-on. Of course, being half-blind might get you into some interesting situations. But then I’ve noticed that really short-sighted girls tend to smile at everyone…

Comment by andrew — September 17, 2007 @ 1:12 am

43. Tanti tanti auguri (many wishes)! I am so proud of you! Looking forward to reading your book. Best wishes, Cyn

Comment by Cyn — September 17, 2007 @ 8:03 am