June 12, 2007

plug

Filed under: misc — bipolarinparis @ 10:07 am
ap_5.jpg

I’ve been having so much fun with these of late that it seemed remiss of me not to link to them. I mean, who else makes cards with titles like “Our safe word scares me” or “You’re single because you use emoticons”?

Take a look. The juxtapositions of the texts with the most unlikely images kills me.

update:

How do they know?

1. Good stuff, indeed. But puzzling as hell for those for whom English is a second language and English humour often unfathomable!

Comment by malcolm thomson — June 12, 2007 @ 10:18 am

2. Thanks a bunch. Thats another couple of hours I’ll never see again!

Comment by meredic — June 12, 2007 @ 11:35 am

3. Thanks for the link! I was sent the ‘working from home’ one last week, but didn’t know if it was a one-off. Very entertaining.

Comment by hellojed — June 12, 2007 @ 11:55 am

4. Who needs hours anyway Meredic? Overrated!

Comment by Sally Lomax — June 12, 2007 @ 12:37 pm

5. Excellent, and thank you. I promptly shared the link with my daughter, who’s one of the few people I can actually send the cards to as well.

A couple of hours chuckling is not time wasted is it?

Comment by Z — June 12, 2007 @ 12:52 pm

6. Holy merde, these are hilarious! I already sent a few to my best friends and will share via my blog, too. It’s too good to keep quiet about it.

Comment by The Bold Soul — June 12, 2007 @ 2:43 pm

7. oi – this wouldn’t be more displacement activity, would it? personally, i’m going to get round to procrastination a bit later, once i’ve explored this link.
    and how’s the editing going?

Comment by rivergirlie — June 12, 2007 @ 2:54 pm

8. “Good stuff, indeed. But puzzling as hell for those for whom English is a second language and English humour often unfathomable!”

Puzzling for some of those who do speak English too: you’d be amazed how many of our American bretheren just don’t get the dry, sarcastic side fo English humour. (Or humor as they call it here)

Comment by bonkers — June 12, 2007 @ 3:16 pm

9. It’s an American site though, isn’t it?

Comment by petite — June 12, 2007 @ 3:24 pm

10. Dunno. The .com doesn’t mean anything – many people use that suffix over say .co.uk – but after living here for over a decade, I can personally attest to the reduced sarcasm awareness of the American populace.

Comment by bonkers — June 12, 2007 @ 3:44 pm

11. Thinks the lack of a sarcasm or irony gene is proportional to the guns / head equation.

I.e. Less guns = more sarcasm. Would you want to be sarcastic with a potential gunperson?

Sarcasm is an elegant cerebral technique, the equivalent of sharpening a stick and prodding your opponent with it, hard!

Comment by Steve... — June 12, 2007 @ 4:45 pm

12. Brilliant! I’m going to send one to all my friends!

Comment by Wiscoblonde — June 12, 2007 @ 4:48 pm

13. Excellent site. Some of those pictures with the associated texts are quite funny/sick.

Such pictures and texts make me think to the demotivators by despair or the cartoons at airtoons.

Comment by Pierre — June 12, 2007 @ 5:02 pm

14. Petite, a friend (young, female, single mother) would like some techie advice and possibly more from you. If this comment does NOT appear on your blog, I will suggest she contact you via your comments coulumn. I hope this is OK….

Comment by Moses — June 12, 2007 @ 5:53 pm

15. Now they just need one that says “Thanks for providing a way to fill inboxes with inappropriate sentiments..” ;) Sooo many people will be receiving these today..

Comment by jen — June 12, 2007 @ 5:58 pm

16. Those are great! I’m tempted to send one or two to my friend getting married next month. I think an American site or at least one of the creators is living in NY (gotta love google)

Comment by techgirl — June 12, 2007 @ 6:04 pm

17. I was on this site yesterday sending cards back and forth with my sister. They are so funny.
    “Your painful breakup has made me feel less alone” And, what’s funny about the safe word caption is that there is a graphic of two old people.

Comment by kristina — June 12, 2007 @ 8:31 pm

18. Really weird, Petite!

Comment by Jean-Luc Picard — June 12, 2007 @ 8:35 pm

19. Oh thank you for bringing this to my life! I’ve already sent my first card to a friend – it’s brilliant – no more trawling round the shops to find the card that says it all, i can now tell my friends how i really feel by the click of a button!!!

Comment by Louisa Hibble — June 12, 2007 @ 10:06 pm

20. I really like “you’re going to be a great father assuming you’re the father”.

Comment by walken — June 13, 2007 @ 10:21 am

21. I think you’ve chosen one of the funniest. My bf is excessively private regarding his computer. Given what I already know about his browsing, I don’t even want to guess what might be on there.

Comment by ambika — June 14, 2007 @ 6:32 pm

22. Those are hilarious!

Comment by ~Tim — June 15, 2007 @ 3:11 am

23. That actuallly sounds worrying ambika.

Speaking as a pretty private guy, I would not be happy if I found a girl (or anyone for that matter) poking around in my email or other private stuff but if I were in a steady relationship, I wouldn’t have a problem with showing her my email if asked. If I did, that would suggest to me (and presumably to her) that something was not right with the relationship.

I actually was in a situation like that once, many years ago.. I wasn’t seeing anyone else but I was looking for ah satisfaction online that I wasn’t getting in real life. Only later did I recognize that as one of the signs that the relationship wasn’t working for me. (For either of us actually)

Comment by bonkers — June 15, 2007 @ 5:12 am

24. Brilliant. Funny as heck. And so real – the things we think, but can never say.

Comment by dawn — June 15, 2007 @ 5:28 am

25. I love the idea, it matches so well with my own sense of humor. Thanks for sharing :)

Comment by Pilar — June 17, 2007 @ 9:32 am