April 3, 2006

lazyitis

Filed under: misc — bipolarinparis @ 11:07 am

Just in case you are wondering, or cursing my bone idleness, or poised to demand a full refund for your kind paypal donation, I feel it is only fair to warn you that petite anglaise is officially de-camping to Nice until further notice (well, until Wednesday evening) and will be computerless – unless the lady with the famous chin can let me use her laptop for a few seconds – and therefore not be able to write much/at all.

In a nutshell – the blog meet up thing was very lovely, as usual, and I managed not to fall off my chair/stool, to find a suitable candidate for the position of gay best friend (a must have for any single girl, oh so very Sex and the City) and to top off all those lovely cocktails with a damn fine falafel in the rue des Rosiers. A perfect evening, in short. Thank you to the twenty or so of you who came. We will do it again soon. Most definitely.

1. It was very fun, let’s do it again sometime… :)

Comment by Aimee — April 3, 2006 @ 11:57 am

2. En français, “flemmingite”. Bonnes vacances…

Comment by ontario frog — April 3, 2006 @ 3:09 pm

3. The repetition of same post is to give the illusion of activity??..??!

Have a good break!

Comment by Lucy-Jane — April 3, 2006 @ 5:03 pm

4. Readers too had a very pleasant time and met very nice people!! Thank you for organizing this get together!
    Eau

Comment by Eau — April 3, 2006 @ 5:20 pm

5. Have a fab time. And thank you again for organising Saturday, it was excellent!! In the spirit of GBF-dom, allow me to air-kiss you loudly *mwah*

Comment by rhino75 — April 3, 2006 @ 5:59 pm

6. Thanks again for organizing the blog meet-up, Petite! It was lots of fun to meet and chat with fellow expat bloggers and blog-readers.

Comment by thefrenchpage — April 3, 2006 @ 6:23 pm

7. A great evening was had by all.

Comment by Trevor — April 3, 2006 @ 8:13 pm

8. Very pleasant occasion, a least the part I was there. Will definitely reserve the whole evening next time. It was kind of weird though to actually meet people who I felt I knew but yet had never met…
    Thank you Petite!

Comment by Greenmantle — April 3, 2006 @ 11:05 pm

9. hmm…I went camping in Nice once….

Comment by meredic — April 4, 2006 @ 3:54 pm

10. I have just started a blog so can I come too next time! Pleeease!!

Comment by Sandy — April 4, 2006 @ 4:21 pm

11. Petite,
    Admitting to lazyness means being on your way to becoming French!!!!!

I still struggling why so many people come to Paris and convert to the French culture (one of the poorest in Europe), these people don’t have any culture at all? In what remote village in Kentucky were they brought up?

Sorry, I fail to understand. I like French cheese (as I like cheese from many other countries!), but I do not wrap myself in the losers’ flag to thank them for the cheese.

In any case, for those of you who struggle to be a bit Frencher everyday, have a look at my blog, I am posting a few tips there.

Uranus

Comment by Uranus — April 4, 2006 @ 7:34 pm

12. yuranus: HA!! I love how you represent the denying principle to this positive blog (petite – that is.) Even as an occasional visitor to France I can appreciate your insights into the dark side of French culture. However, I do invite you (all) to Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, to get some perspective on ‘culture’. Heh heh.

Comment by eric — April 4, 2006 @ 9:00 pm

13. I hope you’re enjoying Nice. Sunny warm and springlike, albeit with the usual CPE-induced traffic jams today.

Comment by Francis — April 4, 2006 @ 9:40 pm

14. Enjoy your respite, you’ve earned it. Falafel in Paris? Try falafel in Brooklyn, a Lebanese restaurant called Fatoosh, corner of Atlantic Ave. and Hicks St. You will NOT be dissapointed!

Comment by Dave of the Lake — April 5, 2006 @ 2:02 am

15. Come back with another lovely nostalgic tale.

Comment by fjl — April 5, 2006 @ 10:43 am

16. Uranus is a first class prick.

Comment by David in London — April 5, 2006 @ 12:24 pm

17. Uranus is certainly living up to his name……..

Comment by Dave of the Lake — April 5, 2006 @ 1:53 pm

18. Actually Uranus, it is obvious that your experience in France has not been favorable, so here is a painfully obvious question: Why the hell are you there? Were you dragged off by a lover whom you are too weak to break away from? Is it your company that has sent you to your own hell on Earth because you pissed off the boss in some way?

I did read your blog. It is very whinny. (Whinger, for the Brits.) Of course, it is YOUR blog, and you can say what you wish. Having never been to France, I amy not be the best person to judge of course, but I am not willing to pre-judge a place either. If you are going to wail on about life there, please make it more substantive, otherwise you just come off as a complainer.

Comment by Dave of the Lake — April 5, 2006 @ 2:03 pm

19. Ok, that’s freaky, I was in Nice tuesday/wednesday, too.

Have some tourte aux blettes? ;-)

Comment by Mathieu — April 5, 2006 @ 11:31 pm

20. Lordy Lord! I’ve just seen Uranus’ blog.
    And I think I know who you are.
    There just can’t be 2….

Comment by Flighty — April 6, 2006 @ 8:53 am

21. Flighty –

Go on tell us, so that we can set up all future strikes in front of his house, put snails in his letterbox and “fromage de tete” in his sarnies…

Comment by croque madame — April 6, 2006 @ 1:56 pm

22. Whoever he is, his self-promotion has been very successful on this blog.

Comment by petite — April 6, 2006 @ 1:58 pm

23. If you were in the South West of France, I think I would apply for that “gay best friend” post. Funny, I heard about the importance of this role in a magazine-writing class in Manhattan. How Sex and the City, as you say. Speaking of Sex, I have a Sex and the City guide to Manhattan at http://cyberfrance.blogspot.com/2006/03/sex-and-city-guide-to-new-york.html .

Comment by Lost in France — April 7, 2006 @ 3:54 pm

24. it seems it was one great lovable evening. i want to be the part of it next time around.

Comment by sycamore — April 11, 2006 @ 7:44 am